Job Title: Manager of Public Policy & Advocacy
Reports to: Executive Social Worker / C.E.O.
Status: 100% Full-Time, Regular, Exempt
Probation: 180 Days
Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental, Long Term Disability & Retirement Contribution Match
Description: The AMAAD (Arming Minorities Against Addiction & Disease) is seeking to hire a Manager of Public Policy and Advocacy. The position will be responsible for implementing a public policy strategy designed to achieve the organizations’ advocacy goals including public education, direct lobbying of elected officials, and community organizing. While the position will interface with and across a broad spectrum of the community stakeholders, the Manager of Public Policy and Advocacy will especially highlight the needs of the AMAAD Institute’s priority population, which is Black and Brown LGBTQ young adults who are at-risk or affected by substance use disorder (SUD) and/or HIV/AIDS, especially individuals who reside and/or socialize in or around South Los Angeles, Inglewood, Compton, and/or North Long Beach.
· Guided by a clear set of Core Values and Behaviors - Humble, Hungry, Mission Driven and People Smart, you will join an impressive group of individuals and contribute your diverse set of experiences, skills and characteristics to the organization
· Accepts guidance and responds well to feedback
· Displays maturity, good judgment, enthusiasm and personal motivation
· Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to anticipate workload and effectively cultivate and leverage relationships with colleagues to meet deadlines
· Collaborative entrepreneurial spirit, ability to multi-task and prioritize concurrent projects and day-to-day tasks within a high production and fast-paced environment
The AMAAD Institute @ 2013